How Much Does Blogging Cost? Let's Break it Down

Blogging is awesome!


You share your passions, build a community, and maybe even make a few $100s.

But what's the price tag?

It can be totally free, or it can cost a bunch depending on what you want.

Free Blog? You Got It

There are free blogging platforms like Blogger that give you a free domain name and hosting.

Think of it as your own space in a rented house (the platform).

It works perfectly if you're just starting or don't mind a URL like mine here: "https://erickouassi.blogspot.com".

Free Isn't Always Fancy

Free platforms have limitations. You can't customize them much, so they might not exactly match your dream blog design.

How Much Did My Blog Cost? ($5!)

See my domain name? I use Blogger.

I bought a cool theme for around $5 (not gonna lie, it rocks) and tweaked it to my style.

But that doesn't include the time I spent customizing it, which can take a while.

The Cost? Up to You

There's no one-size-fits-all price for blogs.

To get an idea, get quotes from a few web hosting providers and average them out.

Don't rely on just one estimate!


Need Help Setting Up Your Blog?

Hit me up! I'm happy to help you set up a blog that fits your budget.

Let me know if you find this post useful. Share it with your friends who want to blog too!

Eric Kouassi

Building cool stuff in spreadsheets & web. Your go-to for tech & affiliate marketing tips. Let's connect! #techtips #affiliate #freelance #openforwork

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post